Thank you for being part of the Digital Summit speaker community! Below, you’ll find helpful information and tips to ensure you have a great speaking experience. If you have questions or would like additional information, please reach out to any member of the Digital Summit team and we’ll be happy to assist.
Here are the deliverables we need from you to begin promoting your participation in the event…
Your speaker assets:
- Your current headshot (Headshots should be a minimum of 600 x 600px and 1-3MB)
- A short biography
Your session information, consisting of the following elements:
- Session title – your title will be the first thing attendees see, so ensure it is concise and clearly conveys what your session will teach them. Use the title to reel the audience in and tell them why they must attend your session!
- Session description – your description should consist of a few sentences that provide an overview of your topic and the educational goals of your session. Focus most of your description on what trends, tools, best practices, and strategies you’ll be covering so attendees know exactly what they’ll get out of your session.
- Actionable learning objectives/takeaways – provide at least 3 one-sentence objectives (bullet points) that outline the actionable takeaways the audience will be able to implement after attending your session. These objectives should answer the question, “what specific steps will an attendee be able to take after attending this session to achieve growth and success on this topic?”
- Audience description (who should attend & why) – provide two sentences describing 1) the ideal audience for your session; and 2) why they should attend. This will help us get you in front of the right attendees.
Attract + Convert Your Perfect Customer on Instagram
In this session, you will learn how to attract and convert your perfect customer on Instagram. You will discover the latest strategies that you can implement to strengthen your brand, grow your Instagram presence/followers, engage the right audience, position yourself as an expert in your space, and increase sales. You will be introduced to social media secrets that will help you generate followers, leads, and customers, and will see real-world applications that make it simple to utilize these ideas to fast-track your business.
After this session, you’ll be able to:
- Strengthen your brand on Instagram and grow your social presence and followers
- Connect with and capture more leads on Instagram to ultimately increase sales
- Position yourself as an expert in your space
Who should attend? This session is for experienced social media marketers who are looking to level up their Instagram strategy through new tactics aimed at identifying and engaging the right audience for your brand.
Why you should attend? Attending this session will arm you with the most current marketing tools and techniques you need to know to attract and convert your perfect customer on Instagram.
Know your Digital Summit audience
You will be teaching senior marketers with 5+ years of experience, so please ensure…
- Your topic is tailored for a seasoned crowd
- Your session focuses on providing advanced, actionable tactics and tools they can implement to level up their marketing efforts (assume your audience will know the basics of your topic and focus on the “how” rather than the “why”)
Your audience will represent a wide array of industries, company types/sizes, budgets, etc., so please ensure…
- Your content is applicable and provides value to a diverse population of marketers
Ensure your session content is timely and up-to-date
The marketing industry is constantly changing and Digital Summit attendees rank “learning the most current trends and tactics” as a top reason for attending the event, so please ensure…
- You’re presenting the latest data, trends, and best practices so the audience walks away feeling empowered with the most up-to-date information and tools
Ensure your talking points are product- and industry-agnostic
The quickest way to lose the audience is to give a sales pitch. Avoid focusing on any specific products/services or industry, especially those from your own company. You’ll make far more valuable connections with the marketers in attendance by focusing on positioning yourself as a trusted subject matter expert.
Important Slide Deck & A/V Information
When designing your presentation and slide deck, please keep these important points in mind:
- All speakers must submit their presentation slide decks prior to the event. Digital Summit will email you with the deadline for submitting your deck, as well as a link where you can upload it.
- Please create your slide deck in PowerPoint or Keynote. If you prefer to use a different format, let us know in advance so we can ensure it will work properly.
- Please use a 16:9 (widescreen) aspect ratio
- Use a minimum of 24pt font for slide text
- There will be no hard-wired Internet so any video or audio should be embedded in your presentation in a way that can be played offline
- Please include any special fonts when you upload your slide deck
Additional A/V notes:
- Your presentation will be run off of in-house laptops, not your own device. These laptops will be housed at the A/V station in your session room (not on stage) and you’ll be provided with a remote clicker to advance your slides from the stage
- There will be one large screen behind you on stage for attendees to see your presentation
- There will be a confidence monitor in the front of the stage for you to use. Please note: this monitor will ONLY show you the current slide you’re on and WILL NOT display any speaker notes.
- A handheld or lavalier microphone will be provided to you when you check into your session room
- Plan to check into your session room at least 15 minutes before your session start time. An A/V technician will be on hand to get you ready to speak.
If you have any special A/V needs, please let us know when you send your final deck, or email Monique at [email protected].
Presentation Capture and Attendee Access
A Slidecast version of your presentation (audio synched with your slides) will be made available to registered attendees of the event. If you would like to capture your own presentation for your use (e.g., bring a videographer to film your session), please let us know so we can make arrangements.
Tips for a memorable talk
Great Presentation Examples
Here are a couple of great examples of sessions as a reference point of what we look for in a compelling, value-rich session:
How To Conquer the Content Marketing Trough of Disillusionment
Quinn Tempest, Director of Marketing, Vertical Measures
Roadmap to Remarkable Marketing
Tyler Farnsworth, Managing Director, August United