Brand vs. Demand: How to Boost ROI
Purna Virji, LinkedIn
Session Recording and Slide Deck
Purna Virji presents Brand vs. Demand: How to Boost ROI via a Full-Funnel Content Strategy. In her discussion, she goes over ideas to plan out a full-funnel campaign. Listen in, or read below, to understand the ‘P’s of Top Funnel,’ empowering at the middle funnel, and cognitive triggers for the bottom-funnel.
Top Funnel (5:13)
The goal of the top of the funnel is to strengthen and build your brand identity and create emotional hooks.
Your ad should be memorable. It requires distinctiveness and consistency. Did you know? The majority of buyers mistake brands for their competitors. In fact, 84% of buyers incorrectly identify the brand behind the ad.
You can create a distinct brand within your imagery for visual consistency. The easier your audience can recall these assets, the easier they will recall your brand. Add a saying, a logo, a color scheme, etc. to make your brand distinct. Then, re-inform it through different channels to stay consistent.
In terms of messaging, build up emotion. Emotional messages are what people remember.
Keep these customer thoughts in mind. The customer wants to think:
- This brand helps me achieve my goals.
- This brand helps me present myself to others as the person I want to be.
- This brand makes my life more meaningful.
- This brand provides me with some emotional benefits.
The Three P’s of the Top Funnel: Personality, Purpose, and People
- Personality. Give more than just corporate statements. Stand out with your personality.
- Purpose. Be authentic with your brand purpose, and your audience will feel a relationship with you.
- People. People are more likely to share content from a person than a brand page.
Empower Your Mid- Funnel (15:22)
In the mid-funnel, the audience has already identified the issue they are facing. It’s at this point that they are trying to determine possible solutions.
The mid- funnel gives you the perfect opportunity to show your expertise, product, and services. Empower your audience by solving their pain points or by getting them excited about their passion points. Two more things you can highlight are your people and your first-party data.
Show how you are the perfect solution to what is troubling them regarding their pain points.
Ignite their passion points and show them solutions that they don’t even realize. Showcase possibilities and empower them.
If you run out of ideas, instead of asking yourself “What do I want to say?” shift to “What do they want to hear?”. If you need more ideas, talk to your salespeople because they directly connect with the customer. The following questions are starting points to ask the sales team:
- Why do people choose us?
- What questions do you always get?
- What objections do they have?
- Who else do they look at?
Nurture and grow future opportunities via problem awareness.
Cognitive Triggers for Bottom Funnel (21:20)
Dial-up results by reinforcing. Differentiate yourself via proof points and low-fraction conversion experiences. Make it a no-brainer for them to choose your solution. Humans always use social proof to make decisions.
There are three ways you can use social proof to make your content stand out:
- Highlight the data
- Highlight third-party endorsements
- Highlight customer stories
Also, know that one word can make a difference; keep your content targeted. Always set clear expectations in your call to action. And, differentiate yourself via proof points to help drive conversions.
Key Takeaways (29:30)
Here are key takeaways to boost ROI via a full-funnel content strategy:
- Top of Funnel: Craft your unique personality, highlight your people, and illustrate your purpose. Why do you exist as a brand and what makes you unique?
- Middle Funnel: Empower your audience with differentiated thought leadership and resources that they can’t get anywhere else.
- Bottom Funnel: Keep cognitive triggers in mind. Highlight key data points, third-party endorsements, and show the why succinctly.