Digital Summit believes our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion. This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior. We invite ALL Participants including, but not limited to sponsors, attendees, volunteers, speakers, media, and staff, to help us realize a safe and positive conference experience for everyone. All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behavior are in Digital Summit’s sole discretion and the decision(s) of the TechMedia representatives will be final.
Digital Summit Code of Conduct
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your online presence and those of your fellow participants. Alert conference organizers if you notice a dangerous/inappropriate situation or someone in distress.
- Comply with instructions of any session moderators, monitors or any Digital Summit or Venue staff.
- Comply with all applicable laws.
- Unacceptable behaviors include intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning conduct by any attendees of Digital Summit and related events. Many Digital Summit venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Harassment includes: offensive verbal comments related to (but not limited to) race, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, political beliefs, marital status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other protected category; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public areas; deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Wearing clothing that is not suitable for a professional work environment, that is provocative, or otherwise potentially offensive.
- Written, verbal or other abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, and/or spamming, against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, or creates apprehension in a person, as determined by Digital Summit and its show management, in their sole discretion.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behavior or content that contains obscene gestures, or racial, religious, gender, or ethnic slurs.
- Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the event or its vendors.
Health and Safety
Digital Summit will adhere to the latest health and safety regulations, guidelines, and recommendations, as directed by the venue and local city government officials where the event is taking place, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and World Health Organization and all participants of Digital Summit must comply.
Safety measures such as mask wearing, social distancing, traffic lanes, contactless features, venue sanitization and changes to capacities are possible and will vary by city.
1. Digital Summit is taking all recommended precautions, requiring masks, and maintaining social distancing throughout our event, however there will still be potential risks beyond our control. By choosing to attend this event, you agree to follow all stated rules and accept associated risks.
2. Do not attend Digital Summit while experiencing any symptoms of COVID. The current list of symptoms as defined by the CDC are:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
3. Facemasks, if required, must always be worn, except while eating and drinking. Speakers may remove masks while presenting.
4. All participants have the option to wear a facemask should they choose to even if masks are not required in the location of the event and without fear or ridicule from other participants.
5. All participants at Digital Summit will respect social distancing guidelines. Guidelines for minimum distancing will be communicated with onsite signage and pre-event emails.
6. You will respect the requests of venue staff, session moderators, monitors and Digital Summit staff.
All participants must comply with foot traffic management guidance including signage, conference volunteer directions, floor markings, entrance and exit signs, and other direction as required.
We expect all event participants (including Digital Summit employees, moderators, attendees, vendors, sponsors, speakers, and volunteers) to uphold the principles of this Code of Conduct. This Code of Conduct covers all Digital Summit events (virtual or in-person) and all related activities (social or otherwise).
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the conference without warning or refund.
What to Do If You Witness or Are Subject to Unacceptable Behavior
If you are subject to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a conference organizer as soon as possible. All reports will remain completely confidential.
The Digital Summit team will be available to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, to provide escorts, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the conference. You can report unacceptable behavior to our Registration department onsite or online.
The above policies may be revised at any time by Digital Summit and are non-negotiable. This Code of Conduct is without prejudice to Digital Summit’s rights, all of which it expressly reserves.