Want to join our fast growing team that’s taking over the world?
Let’s chat about joining our fun, growing team that’s kicking!
Drop us a line if you’d like to be part of our growing conference team!
The Digital Summit is seeking a Conference Manager to plan and execute all aspects of our live events and conferences. This role serves as a key member within an existing event operations team, while also playing a key role in the organization as a whole.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate both large and small events (50pp to 2500pp) from inception through completion including identification of venues, contract negotiation, preparation of budget, and onsite execution.
- Ability to travel (approx. 60%) to various events to serve as the event manager, or support team member of various events throughout the country.
- Front line interaction with attendees and sponsors of events, necessitating a first class customer service approach & can-do attitude.
- Arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, coordinate getting necessary supplies to event, manage onsite event and ensure appropriate brand representation (linens, branding, customer service, etc.)
- Ongoing support for corporate sponsorship fulfillment, ensuring timely responses and tracking for inbound questions, FAQs, shipping information, registration of attendees and more.
- Conduct research as necessary, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Create and revise room layouts for each event.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Review post-event invoices and dispute inaccurate charges with vendors.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Continuously develop and implement cost reduction strategies and industry best practices to reduce expenses and improve planning and delivery.
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, etc.
- Provide weekly progress reports to management for all active projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Extremely organized, dealing with large amounts of information.
- Team player but also able to work independently with little supervision in work-from-home environment.
- Excellent communication skills; including written, verbal and proofreading skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Ability to multi-task; managing multiple projects and work assignments, all with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work across business lines, influence decision makers and collaborate with support partners.
- Energetic and positive attitude.
- Quick thinker, strong problem-solving ability, able to be resourceful and adaptable under pressure.
If this sounds like it could be you, drop us a note
To help yourself be discovered in the application process, please include the following and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is a full time career oriented salaried position.
Thanks and good luck – we’re looking forward to finding our next team member!