The Secrets to B2B Lead Generation
This video illustrates how to find your target B2B audience, how to engage your audience, and how to convert your audience.
The 5 most important things for B2B lead generation:
- Target the customer with precision.
- Have a consistent multi-channel messaging strategy from the top of the funnel to the bottom (and post funnel).
- Offer them undeniable value at each step.
- Cut through the clutter with offers they want.
- Time it all correctly: sequencing, day of the week, time of the day, and more.
The Keys to B2B lead generation (4:18)
First, how do you know who to target? Use Google Analytics (or another analytics solution) and find all the characteristics of your highest converters. Then, take a look at where your competitors are spending (but keep in mind that they might not be doing it right!). Next, you need to figure out what is in-between where you are and where they are.
There are different ways to think about each social media (10:56)
- SEO: Answers to questions
- Paid Media: Awareness, nurture, convert
- Media Buys: Awareness, Consideration
- Outbound: Targeted
- Social Media: Nurture, Awareness, Convert
- PR: Awareness
- Reporting and Analytics: Tracking results
- Events and Offers: The core of it all
Offers are the key to B2B lead generation (12:20)
- Quizzes and calculators: Find the biggest pain point and use it for a micro-conversion
- Events: Host an event, sponsor industry event and provide an offer
- Industry study: Create your own industry study, gate it, use it for a press pitch or link bait
- Awards: Create a list of the top awards in your industry and win them, and create your own awards for partners and clients
There are 3 types of video formats you should know for ads (16:20)
- The explainer: Start with a strong problem statement, introduce the product as a solution, explain the benefits
- The product demo: Lead by showing the product heroically, show the benefits
- The straight offer: Lead with offer, CTA, for those that want it
Run top of funnel to bottom funnel, segmented remarketing ads (18:10)
Persona-based audience targeting (From top to bottom of the funnel):
Persona-based audience targeting -> All site visitors -> page segments -> look-a-like and similar audiences -> email list remarketing
Ad sequencing by platform:
Landing page -> all site visitors -> top pages -> page segments -> remarketing
Data analytics system to track B2B leads (26:15)
- Measure blueprint: What do you need to launch?
- Analytics launchpad: Implementation of all tracking code
- Mission control center: Build all reports and dashboards
There is stuff happening everywhere. It is important to bring it together to one location.
What do you do once you have a lead? (27:34)
You need to nurture it with ads, social media, and email marketing, etc. Email marketing is the most important.
You can capture emails with gated content:
Gated content rules: Provide prospectors with valuable information for their email addresses. Content can be a white paper, videos, ebooks, etc. Ensure the form is integrated with your ESP to immediately trigger email automation.
You can use a welcome email to kick off email campaigns:
Use a welcome automation once contacts are in your database. These emails welcome new subscribers, establish strong branding and engage during high-interest periods.
Use abandonment automation to capture the contacts about to fall through the cracks.
Final takeaways (32:56)
- Specific targeting is critical.
- Accurate tracking allows you to turn the knob on what’s working.
- Top of funnel to bottom of funnel remapping in ads and landing pages.
- Great offers. Outline all the offers your customers want to get and test them.
- Email is critical.
Continue to scale what works.
Speaker – John Lincoln, CEO of Ignite Visibility
To hear from experts like John on the regular, check out an upcoming Digital Summit event, with 14 in-person events scheduled in 2021!